Cranbourne Club 21 Ltd has been established to bring together 100 like-minded people to race a team of seven well-bred pacers and trotters over a three-year period.
At its core, Cranbourne Club 21 Ltd will provide investors with an opportunity to participate in an exciting and fulfilling social experience with events and regular get-togethers based around a shared interest in harness racing ownership.
• A minimum of three Club 21 hosted race night events will be arranged at the Cranbourne Racing Centre per annum. These events will able arranged, where possible, to coincide with the racing engagements of Club 21 Ltd horses to allow investors to share in the thrill of an evening’s racing while enjoying the hospitality of the Cranbourne Harness Racing Club.
• Quarterly Club 21-organised weekend stable visits will be conducted per annum with direct access to our trainers and the equine members of our team in a relaxed setting including breakfast.
These hosted events will provide investors with a unique opportunity to experience first-hand the operation of a professional harness racing stable. Investors will be encouraged to further enhance their knowledge of harness racing through direct dialogue with our trainers. And of course, trainers will provide investors with an update on each of the Club 21 Ltd horses in their care.
• Subject to demand, Cranbourne Club 21 Ltd will also facilitate group bookings for investors to attend major race days and carnivals including the Australasian Breeders Crown, the time-honoured Inter Dominion Championship, the premier Redwood Trotting Carnival and HRV’s Summer Of Glory Carnival.
Cranbourne Club 21 Ltd will provide regular and comprehensive communications with investors regarding the progress of the Club 21 horses. These updates will include both written and verbal/video reports from our trainers and will be made available through easy-to-use applications.
Investors will also be kept abreast of news-worthy items of interest including:
• News articles posted on the Cranbourne Harness Racing Club website and social media following the wins of any members of the Cranbourne Club 21 Ltd team
• General interest articles posted on the Cranbourne Harness Racing Club website and social media regarding Cranbourne Club 21 Ltd trainers and/or horses
Horses will be sourced on lease from prominent owner/breeders and will be trained by approved professional trainers who reside at the Cranbourne Training Centre or in the surrounding area.
It is intended that the team will comprise a selection of older stock and a number of untried yearlings and two-year-olds. In this way it is hoped that the group will have presence at the races in the not too distant future. And the group can still share the dream of what the future might hold for the untried younger members of the stable.
The composition of the Cranbourne Club 21 Ltd seven-member racing team will be finalised on or before 30 June 2019.
Some owners/breeders will lease a horse to other groups of owners for a specified period of time.
Typically, these lease arrangements relate to well-credentialled fillies or mares which the owners want to retain for breeding purposes at the end of their racing careers. In the interim however the owner/breeder leases the horse for the duration of its racing career.
Under these arrangements, the lessees meet all costs associated with racing the horse and keep an agreed percentage (normally 66%) of stake money won. No up-front costs are incurred by the lessees and as such, this arrangement often provides all the thrills of racing without a capital outlay.
Shares in Cranbourne Club 21 Ltd will be allocated on receipt of applications together with a one-off Application Fee of $300.
Thereafter Club 21 Unit Holders will be required to contribute a sum of $75 per calendar month plus gst with effect from 1 March 2019.
All prizemoney accrued (net of lessor’s share) will be paid to the shareholders as a dividend on the winding-up of the company or earlier at the director’s discretion.
Any monies collected but not spent by the company will be paid to the shareholders as a dividend on the winding-up of the company.